1954 Nash Healey Le Mans Coupe
The Nash-Healey is a two seater sports car that was produced for the American market between 1951 and 1954. Marketed by Nash-Kelvinator Corporation with the Nash Ambassador drivetrain and a European chassis and body, it served as a halo (or image) vehicle, or flagship car, for the automaker to promote the sales of the other Nash models. It was “America’s first post-war sports car”, and the first introduced in the U.S. by a major automaker since the Great Depression. The Nash-Healey was the product of the partnership between Nash-Kelvinator Corporation and British automaker Donald Healey. Later on, the car was restyled by Pininfarina and subassembly began in Italy. A racing version , built with a spartan aluminum body, finished third in the 1952 Le Mans 24-hour race.
In light of the low sales for the preceding years, Nash delayed the introduction of the 1954 models until June 3rd and discontinued the convertible leaving just a slightly reworked “Le Mans” coupe, distinguished by the a three-piece rear window instead of the previous onepiece glass. This car is one of only 90 coupes built in 1954. The low production numbers for 1954, make this particular car extremely rare and most likely one of the finest restored examples in existance. Excellent driver, mechanically sorted with a fantastic color combination. These rare Le Man’s Coupes will only appreciate in value.